V2 drop chart refinements

Matt
Site Admin
Likes given: 5 times

V2 drop chart refinements

Post by Matt »

I'm just looking over the V2 drop chart and had some thoughts I wanted to ask about. Please let me know your thoughts!

Uber hunts

There are no truly rare items on the drop chart at the moment in Ultimate, as all drop rates were made to be 1/2,000 to 1/3,000 maximum for the sake of attribute hunting. However I think it could be worth making some of these items rarer, as then they would have clout the same way that having a Psycho Wand on GameCube/Xbox would be.

• Psycho Wand (does not need attributes)
  • Prophets of Motav (does not need attributes)
  • Heaven Punisher (does not need attributes)
  • Guld or Milla (one is uber, the other is for attribute hunting)

I would like to make Sealed J-Sword rarer, but I don't think there's a good way to do this as RAmar and RAcast get access to Sealed J-Sword but not Tsumikiri J-Sword, so it can't be too rare as trying to hunt attributes would be very difficult. While Crazy Tune is similar, Sealed J-Sword is better than it.

Lavis Cannon is another item - in Ultimate it is completely outclassed, but on V1 it is an endgame hunt, so making this 1/12,603 or equivalent seems like it would unfairly affect the V1 endgame hunt as trying to hunt attributes would become completely impractical. It could be made rarer in Ultimate, but then people will just drop down to VH to hunt it.

V1 items

In V2, various items were changed in Very Hard, primarily on Hildebear/Hildeblue. The server drop system of newserv allows us to have enemies roll more for than one item (similar to item boxes), so I would like to propose that the V1 exclusive VH items are added to the drop chart for V2 and are rolled if the V2 item drop fails. For example against Viridia Hildebear, it would try to drop Hildebear's Head, and if that doesn't drop, it will try to drop Victor Axe instead.

This doesn't mean the enemy will potentially drop two items, as if the first rare drop succeeds, it doesn't try to roll for the second one.

Note that this feature cannot be replicated for an offline patch.

God's Shield Byakko

I removed this item from Forest in favour of allowing Psycho Wand to become an Ultimate hunt on Gulgus-gue. As Lavis Cannon and Heaven Punisher are obtainable in Ultimate across all IDs from a singular enemy, it made sense to do this for Psycho Wand as well, being the 3rd V1 uber.

It's still obtainable in Ruins, however, Byakko is a "low level" (101) shield, and should probably be obtainable from Forest. One suggestion was to make it a box drop in both Forest 1 and 2 - this seems like a good idea so I will do it unless anyone has objections or better ideas.

Mothvist, Bulk, and Death Gunner

These 3 enemies drop nothing, which is sad, however giving them unique drops is also a terrible idea because imagine trying to actually hunt anything from them? I propose for Mothvist having it drop the same drop as Mothverts at a higher rate, and Bulk/Death Gunner drop the same item as Bulclaw/Dark Gunner at the same rate.

These are all the thoughts I have, let me know if you have any more!

Matt
Site Admin
Likes given: 5 times

Re: V2 drop chart refinements

Post by Matt »

A bunch of these are done:

Prophets of Motav was made rarer (1/2,601 now instead of 1/900), God's Shield Byakko drops from Forest 2 boxes at 1/1,024, and Mothvist, Bulk, and Death Gunner will drop the same items as their related enemies.

I still need to put in the V1 drop roll as well, and I didn't make other things rarer (other than Lavis Blade due to changing how it is used).