Episode III REBALANCE Suggestions

Matt Except Winning
Likes given: 1 time

Episode III REBALANCE Suggestions

Post by Matt Except Winning »

jk i don't think this is ever happening so I don't care

Last edited by Matt Except Winning on Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i am not matt

Matt
Site Admin
Likes given: 5 times

Re: Episode III REBALANCE Suggestions

Post by Matt »

too long didn't read

These users liked this post by Matt:
Matt Except Winning
Lemoneal

Post by Lemoneal »

What the hell CTB(Matt++), this is a (mostly) terrible list

When life gives you lemons...
Matt Except Winning

I AM REDO

Last edited by Matt Except Winning on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am not matt

Matt+++

Post by Matt+++ »

Going to have a think about what to suggest but my first one is:

Orland
AP : 0
MV: 3
Change Sword bonus 1/3 to Sword bonus

Skip Turn
5 cost. (having a full turn taken away from you is extremely strong. the cost should reflect that.)

I am not Matt
I am not Matt++

Matt 2

Post by Matt 2 »

I would also like to offer some suggestions, starting off with the defense cards

Cards

Counter and Counter+:
- Add SC block (either have it be unusable against them OR make it so that it only blocks the attack without reflecting damage)
I think compared to Companion, having the counter cards have their ability to save your card whilst damaging the attacker at the cost of it not working is fair but being able to use it against SC makes it too powerful for its cost.

Friend Recovery:
+Change amount recovered from 1/4 of damage to 1/3
OR
+Reduce cost from 4 to 3 (maybe even 2)
Being at 4 cost, you are always better off using any other 3 or 4 cost defense card, giving the card a bit of a buff might actually make worth using over other defense cards of similar cost.

Defense 7:
+Reduce cost from 4 to 3
(OR you could add +2 hp but I think that might be a bit too much)
There is not much point using and even in the case where it is better to use (FC's with less than 7 health) you rarely get to play it as most of the time any attack coming in that FC's way would kill it outright if the damage wasn't blocked or reduced in some way

SP Counter:
Make the card actually have 50% chance of giving paralysis, freeze or both (currently 40%) since considering you don'

Parry:
+Reduce cost from 4 to 3 (maybe even 2?)
You get only one of these and it can be somewhat difficult to set up a situation where this card can be guaranteed to be in your favour so reducing the cost makes it more likely to be able to play the card when seen fit.

Reversal:
+Increase chance from 50% to 70%
OR
+Decrease cost from 4 to 3
This brings it on par with Counter.

Other notes:

Solid:
It's too niche to use in a deck, but making it stronger makes it overshadow other 1cost def cards (like adding a yellow link makes it better than Dodge and Defender and adding hp might make it better than avert. I had the thought of maybe have reduce damage if the defender is an SC but this might be making it to be too different).

Inversion:
Maybe make it 70% chance to activate? Not sure if this makes it too good since tech attacks are less common than physical ones

m4tt

Post by m4tt »

Isn't it a bit early in development to be making balance changes? Let's relax a bit, get ourselves together and really think about the current meta and where it's going and what we can do on top of that.

Matt Except Winning

Last edited by Matt Except Winning on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin
Likes given: 5 times

Post by Matt »

m4tt wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:11 pm

Isn't it a bit early in development to be making balance changes? Let's relax a bit, get ourselves together and really think about the current meta and where it's going and what we can do on top of that.

The server itself has actually been up for a little while, though I do understand to most people this server is "brand new". People have asked for rebalanced cards since the start since certain stuff is overwhelming or underutilised.

That being said though, I always plan to offer the ability to play the regular game on ragol.org, so a rebalanced server isn't going to stop people playing the game as it was on SEGA's servers.

Matt Except Winning

Last edited by Matt Except Winning on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am not matt