Re: Ultimate Drop Table Rebalance

Post by Matt2 »

Borgar

Matt
Site Admin
Likes given: 5 times

Post by Matt »

It's not a bad idea: I actually somewhat dislike events, but do you think that I should make the official event items obtainable all year round from the drop chart? They wouldn't drop as premade mags unless there is reason to do so however.

Thinking about it, I can also put the offline Challenge Mode items on the drop table too with fixed 0% (as GOD intended), so that might be a nice touch.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

To follow up on the above, for example I would make Mark III drop with some stats and PBs, but the rest of the line must be obtained yourself by finding the other Kits. Kit of MARK3 would still have value if you wanted to make a 5/0/0/195 mag without PBs for example, but the drop would be for a PB'd mag.

Hamburger I believe can be used on any 50+ mag, so I would just make the Kit drop, rather than the mag itself, but it's easy enough to use the kit, unlike a mag such as Chao or RoboChao.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've made some progress on this, focusing on Episode 1 for now. Unless specified otherwise, none of these changes are live.

First, the changelog:

• TP Materials drop as a common drop at the same rate as Luck Materials in Ultimate (this is live)
  • Episode 2 Ultimate has 5% chance at hit on all IDs (this is live)
  • All Hildelt E1 drops have been changed to God/Battle - this is such a core unit yet only one ID gets it in such a small community... tragic.
  • All Hildetorr E1 drops have been changed to Frozen Shooter, other than Heaven Punisher, Magic Stone "Iritista", and Syncesta
  • All Gae Bolg drops have been converted to Vjaya drops; might as well make the common partisan rare a good one
  • All L&K14 Combat drops have been converted to M&A60 Vise drops; might as well make the common mechgun rare a good one
  • All Yamato drops have been converted to Asuka drops, and all Asuka drops have been converted to Musashi drops
  • All uber drops have been standardised to move away from 1/300,000 rates, so there is more choice as to where to hunt these (NB: If the old hunts are completely ignored in favour of new ones, these may be nerfed)
  • All Dark Falz drops have been changed to Red Ring; the Red Ring drop on Falz is a bit of a problem when only certain IDs get it, as people will refuse to play content with Falz in it unless there is a Red Ring ID in play. Rico's Glasses and Earrings are obtainable elsewhere, so this seems fair.
  • Mothvist E1 has been given 35% DAR (identical to Recobox) and will drop the same rares as Mothvert E1 at a higher rate.
  • Bulk and Death Gunners now drop the same items as Bulclaw and Dark Gunner respectively.
  • NUG2000-Bazooka has been added to Bluefull and Oran on Canabin.

Keep in mind that these changes are designed not to make things easier, but increase variety of IDs and areas played, as the original drop tables are pretty bad about this, with many worthless area and ID combos.

Second, the actual drop table for Episode 1 with rates:

Forest

image.png
image.png (324.9 KiB) Viewed 5312 times

Cave

image.png
image.png (340.27 KiB) Viewed 5312 times

Mine

image.png
image.png (224.91 KiB) Viewed 5312 times

Ruins

image.png
image.png (349.73 KiB) Viewed 5312 times

And third, a quick overview image of all the "good" items in each area so you can compare quickly the balance of IDs at the moment.

image.png
image.png (146.43 KiB) Viewed 5312 times

With these small changes, I would say that the balance of areas/IDs is looking a lot better without significantly changing where you find things.

I will look at Episode 2 soon and rebalance with similar changes, and then it's time to look at adding items in. Right now, the following items to be added to the drop tables are:

• S-Parts ver2.01
  • D-Parts ver1.01
  • Offline Challenge Mode prizes (these will drop at fixed 0%)
  • All the event-exclusive items (I have made the decision that I hate events, even SEGA ones, and would rather everything be available all the time)
  • Pre-made mags for unobtainable mags (ELENOR) or mags that are otherwise unusable (Chao, RoboChao) - please note that these will not drop 0/0/0/0, but with a set of stats so they have a legitimate stat set rather than something impossible by normal means.

If you can think of any other cool items to add to the Ultimate drop tables (meta items "stuck" in N-VH, cool unobtainables, this sort of thing), please let me know. I did consider AddSlots to be box drops but I am not so sure if this is a great idea, although it's not like they're hard to hunt from VH on the right ID.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I have the first "final draft" of the drop tables done. Please see below for the full drop table. These are not live yet - when they are made live, an announcement will be made in the news section.

General overview of valuable items (note: Some items may be missing off here)
Episode 1
Episode 2

First, to preface, the goal of these drop chart changes is not to make things easier to hunt, but to add variety in IDs and locations that people can choose to hunt items, and also bring into Ultimate items that people want from lower difficulties. On top of this, items which are obtainable from seasonal events or offline multiplayer have also been added to the drop tables to be available all year round. Furthermore, pre-made mags have been added to the table which will come with Photon Blasts and certain stat make ups to allow for more aesthetic creativity.

The 4 mags (ELENOR, Mark 3, Chao, and RoboChao) will drop with one of 3 pre-made configurations:

• 5/25/20/0 with Mylla & Youlla, Estlla, and Pilla
  • 5/0/20/25 with Mylla & Youlla, Farlla, and Pilla (ELENOR cannot receive this configuration)
  • 15/0/0/35 with Golla, Leilla, and Mylla & Youlla (ELENOR cannot receive this configuration)

These configurations are to satisfy the mags having legitimate stats, rather than creating a situation where a certain stat build with PBs on a mag is only possible through these drops. They are purely for aesthetic purposes.

Lastly, the items which come from Easter Eggs or offline Challenge Mode will also drop with no attributes, as you would receive them legitimately. While other servers have made these items have the ability to have the hit attribute, at Ragol we don't agree with adding hit attribute to items which could never obtain them legitimately in the first place.

Please note that all changes on these drop charts are subject to change at any time. We are aiming for vanilla+ with these charts, not a completely remixed experience.

With that, here is the full changelog:

• TP Materials can drop from all areas which drop Luck Materials at the same rate
  • Ultimate Episode 2 has been made to have 5% hit rate on all IDs
  • Mothvists will drop the same item as Mothverts at a higher rate
  • Death Gunners will drop the same item as Dark Gunners at the same rate
  • Bulks will drop the same item as Bulclaws at the same rate
  • Recoboxes will drop the same item as Recons at a higher rate
  • All Hildelt E1 drops have been changed to God/Battle
  • Viridia, Skyly, and Pinkal now get Frozen Shooter from Hildetorr
  • All Gae Bolg drops have been changed to Vjaya
  • All L&K14 Combat drops have been changed to M&A60 Vise
  • All Asuka drops have been changed to Musashi
  • All Yamato drops have been changed to Asuka
  • Uber rates have been equalised to be the same on every enemy - for example, Pinkal Psycho Wand on Sinow Zele is now 1/28807.
  • Bluefull and Oran Canabin have been given NUG2000-Bazooka
  • Arlan E2 has been given D-Parts ver1.01 on various IDs
  • Gillchic E2 has been given S-Parts ver2.01 on various IDs
  • Bluefull Mericarol has been given Madam's Parasol
  • Pinkal Dolmdarl has been given Monkey King Bar
  • Barble E1 has been given all the Episode 1 offline Challenge Mode rewards
  • Merlan and Del-D E2 have been given the Halloween mag cells
  • Gulgus and Gulgus-gue E2 have been given the Christmas mag cells
  • Merillia, Meriltas, and Gee have been given most Easter Egg weapons (except Rabbit Wand and Sonic Knuckle)
  • Redria Claw has been given Invisible Guard
  • Redria Gulgus E1 has been given Combat Gear
  • Redria Pan Arms E2 has been given Green Ring
  • Redria Recon/Recobox has been given Blue Ring
  • Oran Recon/Recobox has been given Double Saber
  • Oran Melqueek has been given ELENOR
  • Greennill Dolmdarl has been given ELENOR
  • Viridia Dolmdarl has been given Mark 3
  • Yellowboze Baranz E2 has been given Mark 3
  • Greennill Indi Belra E2 has been given Chao
  • Pinkal Melqueek has been given Chao
  • Bluefull Baranz E2 has been given RoboChao
  • Viridia Sinow Blue has been given RoboChao
  • Dark Falz drops Red Ring on all IDs

Think that should be everything... there are most likely some items I have yeeted off the tables entirely, I will add these back as we come across them.

If you have any concerns, suggestions, or queries, please be sure to ask!

Attachments
image.png
image.png (322.84 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
image.png
image.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 5299 times
image.png
image.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 5299 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The above drop table is now live, apart from the Monest, Death Gunner, Bulk, and Recobox changes (it's late and I'm lazy).

I figured with the bulk of it done, I'd just put it up for anyone who is cool and reads this. I still need to do the above changes and then update the website, then I will announce it properly.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Now it's actually live and public - I will probably do some further rebalances as I think of things and will let you know if I ever form a thought.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've done some further revisions to this, which can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=180

There are further planned revisions, for example I plan to add another source for each of the 4 mags (gonna put one in Pinkal Tower for sure), and also possibly look at adding some interesting VH items such as D-Parts and S-Parts.