Ragol.org Forums

Check here to see the latest updates!
Matt
Site Admin
Likes given: 5 times

Ragol.org Forums

Post by Matt »

Ragol.org now has official forums in the event that people wish to use them. It is relatively light, but can be expanded over time if demand is high enough. They initially existed for the purpose of posting news articles with a generated ATOM feed, but can also be used a a general platform if players so wish.

When posting on the forums, any activity will be shared with the Discord server (at https://ragol.org/discord), so you can be sure that anything you post will be seen if you prefer the forum format over real time chat.

The forums will most likely have various features added to it over time, but there is no ETA on this.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Ragol.org Forums

Post by Matt »

I've added various functionality so the forum is nicer to use (maybe).

24 Hour Activity Stats

You can see the activity of the last 24 hours on the front page of the forum:

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (17.34 KiB) Viewed 2064 times

Alt Text

You can add alt text to images when using [img], like this:

[img alt="text"]url[/img]

Avatars are easier to upload, and will automatically resize to 100px width / 100px height. Max size is still 2 MiB as I only have so much space!

Delete Account

You may choose to delete your account and all your posts on the forum. While I'm aware this is bad for "preservation" purposes, I think it's important to give people the option to wipe all traces of their activity as much as possible.

Delete.png
Delete.png (30.78 KiB) Viewed 2064 times

Font Size

In the user control panel, you may choose to set font to be bigger or bolded if needed.

fontsize.png
fontsize.png (16.01 KiB) Viewed 2064 times

Markdown

You can now use markdown in posts instead of only BBCode, this means stuff such as **Bold** will create Bold. There's a clickable Markdown guide in the full editor on the right.

Media Embed

Various media from sites will automatically embed by posting the link, most notably YouTube, but other sites such as Tenor, SoundCloud, X, Mastodon, etc will also embed

Spoiler Boxes

You can use [spoiler] to make spoiler boxes. I should look into making them NOT WHITE.

Spoiler

Like this

Topic Previews

On desktop, you can hover over topics to see previews of the first and last post.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (34.01 KiB) Viewed 2064 times

There's been some other minor things as well, but I forgot what they are.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Another one: You can now paste images from your clipboard directly into the post body.

This doesn't work in quick reply, but in the full editor, it will upload your image as an attachment and place it in the location where the cursor is. This should make sharing images much easier without the need to upload them to an external image site. 2MB is still the limit for files though.

image.png
image.png (57.83 KiB) Viewed 2062 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've added the ability to post to the forums without an account. You will have to solve a captcha each time you do this though, and if for some reason there's any sort of issue with this, I will disable it.